Monday, August 26, 2019

Not Without Just Cause - 4/10/10

My mood is terrible lately, and I know it's been showing. My friend Liz even said to me yesterday (paraphrased), "I can tell you've been stressed; you're a little strung-out lately." I had a feeling it was noticable... If I notice that I'm being bitchy, then it has gone beyond where it should be. My goal is to never let my friends see my more irratable side. That isn't fair... Those feelings should be reserved for my blog and my guinea pig - who listens without judging. At least, she hasn't told me otherwise. ;-)  As they say, 'save the drama for your mama.' And I try to do just that. I have too many whiney/bitchy/complainy friends to want to be another one of them...

But my mood isn't without reason. There are plenty of things to keep the fire burning inside. And every day it's fueled a little more by the injustices in the world. Friends losing their jobs, neighbors unable to make mortgage payments, another neighbor whose adoption process was put on hold due to a Russian injunction for all adopters.

I see so much as wrong... and the people in charge don't seem to realize it's wrong. So what happens? Usually, nothing. The injustice continues and people are left unhappy and wanting. And the businesses make out just fine... They stay around, oblivious it seems to the people needing help.

I'm so tired of hearing of companies laying off people just so their numbers look better.

Well, ass holes... I don't care about your bottom line.
I don't care about your stockholders.
I don't care how you look on paper.
I don't care about your motto, your mission statement, or your false promises.
I don't care if you're saving money by paying your employees less or cutting their benefits.
I don't care if you're in the black, the red, or the pink.
Take care of your people, and they'll take care of you.

But don't, and you'll fall. And I'll watch. And laugh.

Anyway, I have to do something. And I will. I'm just not sure what.

No comments:

Post a Comment